We provide a variety of treatments to help you enjoy healthy, glowing skin. The best way to maintain healthy skin is to prevent skin damage from occurring in the first place. Wrinkles, age spots, and leathery patches are all a result of skin damage from overexposure to ultraviolet radiation from the sun. But the aging process from the sun is unavoidable. As we age, our skin becomes dryer and thinner. Repeated movements of facial muscles, such as frowning, smiling, or squinting, cause wrinkles over time. Stress, gravity and obesity also contribute to aging skin. And because the skin is thinner, it is more susceptible to bruising.
A healthy skin care routine throughout life can reduce the symptoms of aging in the skin. Be sure to:
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser and lukewarm water twice a day.
- Pat your skin dry, do not rub it dry.
- Apply moisturizer to skin immediately after shower.
- Wear sunscreen with at least an SPF 15 daily.
- For women who wear makeup, be sure to leave time each day when the skin is free and clear of makeup.
- Do not use tanning beds.
- Maintain a healthy diet and drink lots of water.
- Get an adequate amount of sleep daily.
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid stress or learn techniques to manage it in a healthy way.
- Conduct a monthly self skin exam to detect any changes early.
- Make sure to schedule a skin exam with one of our providers on a yearly basis.
Beyond prevention, there are a wide range of options for slowing down the affects of aging on the skin. We offer a number of cutting edge options to help correct sun damage and aged skin.