Melissa Cyr, Ph.D., ANP, FNP is a double board certified Adult & Family Nurse Practitioner in practice since 2009. She graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Maine in 2005, and obtained her Master of Science in Nursing from Northeastern University in 2009. In 2014, she completed a prestigious 2-year, post-graduate fellowship for nurse practitioners in dermatology at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center. She also recently completed her PhD at the Healthcare Systems Engineering Institute of Northeastern University, researching access barriers to dermatology care. She has published peer-reviewed manuscripts and a dermatology textbook chapter, and is an award winning speaker. She is dedicated to training future dermatology nurse practitioners through both clinical and didactic instruction.
Melissa enjoys all aspects of medical dermatology, with special interests in skin cancer screening and treatment. She has trained in Botox® for cosmetic purposes.
Melissa enjoys traveling, cooking, grant writing, and overseas medical volunteerism (India, Central, & South America).
Accreditations & Certifications:
- American Nurses Association Certified Adult Nurse Practitioner
- American Nurses Association Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
- IISE Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- New England Dermatology Nurse Practitioner Society (NEDNP)
- Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE)
- Society for Health Systems (SHS)
- Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI)
- Holmes, A., Lemonias, D., Cyr, M., & Benneyan, J. (2018). Examples and experiences using FMEA to design better healthcare processes. Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, Boston, MA.
- Cyr, M. E., & Benneyan, J. C. (2017). An introduction to systems engineering for nurses. Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science (CANS), Washington, D.C.
- Cyr, M. E., Guthrie, B. J., & Benneyan, J. C. (2017). Urban and rural barriers to healthcare accessibility: A systematic literature review. Northeastern University Research, Innovation and Scholarship Expo (RISE), Boston, MA.
- Cyr, M. E., Guthrie, B. J., & Benneyan, J. C. (2017). Urban and rural barriers to healthcare accessibility: A systematic literature review. Eastern Nursing Research Society (ENRS), Philadelphia, PA.
- Cyr, M. E. (2017). The psychosocial, economic, and occupational impacts of psoriasis: A review. The Journal of the Dermatology Nurses’ Association, 9(2), 75-77.
- Cyr, M. E. (2014). Chapter 13: Infestations, stings, & bites. In: Bobonich, M. & Nolen, M. ed. Dermatology for the Advanced Practice Clinician. Philadelphia: Lipincott.