Gary Mendese, MD, FAAD
Dr. Gary Mendese, FAAD, FACMS is board certified in Dermatology, and specializes in Mohs surgery; practicing in both Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Dr. Mendese completed his dermatology training at the combined Boston University/Tufts University Dermatology Residency Program, where he served as Chief Resident. He completed his fellowship in Mohs Surgery in 2012 under the leadership of Donald J. Grande, MD, who was a recognized leader in the field. He completed a post-sophomore fellowship in pathology during medical school from 2004-2005 and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society in his final year of medical school. Currently, along with his daily practice duties, he is an Assistant Professor of Dermatology at the Tufts University School of Medicine. He also serves on the Board of Directors for the Massachusetts Academy of Dermatology and the Advisory Board for Impact Melanoma (formerly Melanoma Foundation of New England).
Dr. Mendese enjoys anything outdoors and spending time with his wife and five kids.
Accreditations & Certifications:
- Fellow, American College of Mohs Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Massachusetts Academy of Dermatology
- New England Dermatological Society
- Lackey J, Mendese G, Grande D. Using an absorbable purse-string suture to reduce surgical defects of the nose prior to placement of full-thickness skin grafts. Dermatol Surg. 2015 May;41(5):657-60.
- Mendese G, Maloney M, Bordeaux J. To scoop or not to scoop: the diagnostic and therapeutic utility of the scoop-shave biopsy for pigmented lesions. Dermatol Surg. 2014 Oct;40(10):1077-83.
- Sitnikova L, Mendese G, Liu Q, Woda B, Lu D, Dresser K, Mohanty S, Rock K, Jiang Z. IMP3 Predicts Aggressive Superficial Urothelial Carcinoma of the Bladder. Clin Cancer Res. 2008 Mar 15;14(6):1701-6.
- Mendese G and Gilchrest B. Selected Myths and Controversies of Indoor Tanning. In: Heckman C and Manne S, editors. Shedding Light on Indoor Tanning. New York (NY): Springer; 2011. p. 121-133.
- Mendese G and Bordeaux J. Herpes Gestationis. In: Domino FJ, editor. The 5-Minute Clinical Consult. Philadelphia (PA): Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2008. p. 572-3.