Thank you for choosing Dermatology & Skin Health for your skin care needs. It is our goal to provide you with a positive experience. Over the past few years, the practice of medicine has become more complicated for physicians and patients alike.
Because of the growing complexity of the insurance business, we feel that we can no longer assume that patients fully understand the relationship between the insurance company, the physician, and themselves. In an effort to clarify this relationship, we have established a set of guidelines regarding financial responsibility and office policies.
When you call for an appointment, please tell the receptionist the reason for your visit. If you have a managed care insurance plan, it is your responsibility to obtain a valid referral. You may have to reschedule the appointment if the referral is not in place at the time of visit.
Please update us with your address, phone numbers (home/cell), email address or health insurance. Please have your insurance card with you at time of visit.
We suggest you arrive 15 minutes prior to your first visit to allow yourself time to check-in.
Missed Appointments, Late Cancellations, & Non-Compliance
Please keep in mind that appointments are time-slots reserved specifically for you. We require a 24-hour advance notice if you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment. As a courtesy, we offer appointment reminder calls which will allow you to cancel or reschedule at that time. However, it is ultimately your responsibility to keep track of your appointments whether you receive a reminder call or not.
- There will not be a cancellation fee for late arrivals unless you arrive more than 30 minutes after your scheduled appointment.
- Patients with repeat cancellations or missed appointments may be discharged from our practice.
- Please note that noncompliance with treatment plans (including medications and/or lab work) and abusive/inappropriate behavior towards staff and/or other patients will result in dismissal of your care from our practice.
We appreciate at least a 24- hour notice of cancellation should you be unable to keep your spa appointment. We do charge for appointments not kept.
What You Should Bring
A valid copy of your Insurance Card is required at the time of your office visit. We also need the social security number of the guarantor so we can file the insurance claim.
- If we do not receive your insurance card before you see the doctor, that visit becomes fee for service and full payment will be due at the time of service.
- It is your responsibility to notify the staff of any changes in your address, phone number and/or insurance plan, and provide a current up-to-date insurance card at each visit. Failure to do so may cause your insurance claim to be rejected, thus making it your responsibility to pay for the total cost of the visit.
Minors must be accompanied by their legal guardian during their first visit. After the first visit, a parental waiver must be signed if their guardian will not be present during future appointments.
Biopsy Call Backs
All patients who have biopsy results performed are called back within one week of the biopsy. If a patient has not heard from us within one week, please call the office and request your results. Lab results do not normally require a call back, unless a result is abnormal.
Prescriptions will be filled during business hours. Please leave a message for our medical assistants and they will return your call by the end of the following business day.
Transfers From Other Doctors
If you are transferring your care from another physician to our practice, please have your medical records faxed to our office prior to your visit. This will prevent any confusion regarding previous treatments.