What is Botox Cosmetic?
Botox Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate-to-severe crow’s feet and frown lines between the brows in people 18 to 65 years of age for a short period of time (temporary). It can also be used as treatment for hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating.
How does Botox work?
Botox Cosmetic is administered by New Hampshire’s premier dermatologists as a simple, nonsurgical treatment that is injected directly into the muscles between the brows. It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles.* This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows.
Is Botox Cosmetic right for me?
Before getting treatment tell your health professional about all your medical conditions, including if you have:
- ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease.
- Myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome
- Allergies to any botulinum toxin product.
- Had any side effect from any botulinum toxin product in the past.
- A breathing problem, such as asthma or emphysema.
- Swallowing problems.
- Bleeding problems.
- Plans to have surgery.
- Had surgery on your face.
- Weakness of your forehead muscles, such as trouble raising your eyebrows.
- Drooping eyelids.
- Any other change in the way your face normally looks.
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Botox or Botox Cosmetic can harm your unborn baby.
- Been breast-feeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if Botox or Botox Cosmetic passes into breast milk.
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins and herbal products. Using Botox or Botox Cosmetic with certain other medicines may cause serious side effects. Do not start any new medicines until you have told your doctor that you have received Botox or Botox Cosmetic in the past.
Before and after results
*Individual results may vary; not a guarantee.
Schedule a consultation in Seacoast, NH or North Shore, MA
At Dermatology & Skin Health, we believe in Botox Cosmetic and are ready to share our knowledge and expertise at our Dover, Newington and Peabody offices, located in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and the North Shore of Massachusetts. To get started, fill out the request form on our site or call us at (603) 742-5556 for our Dover & Newington locations and (978) 525-0100 for our Peabody location.